[<< wikipedia] Steer Point railway station
Steer Point railway station served the village of Brixton, Devon, England, from 1898 to 1960 on the Plymouth to Yealmpton Branch.


== History ==
The station opened on 17 January 1898 by the Great Western Railway. It was being outdone by road traffic so it closed on 7 July 1930 but reopened on 3 November 1941 so the nearby residents could escape the blitz. Like the other stations on the branch, services were diverted to Plymouth Friary after the original Plymouth station was damaged by bombing during the Second World War. The station closed to passengers again on 6 October 1947 and to goods traffic on 29 February 1960.


== References ==


== External links ==