Hohenwart Abbey (Kloster Hohenwart) was a nunnery of the Benedictine Order located at Hohenwart in Bavaria in Germany.
The nunnery was founded in 1074, presumably from the monastery at Andechs, by Count Ortolf and his sister Wiltrudis, last of the noble family of the Ratoponen. It was dissolved in 1803 during the secularisation of Bavaria. However, the nunnery found no buyers, and so the nuns were allowed to stay there.
From 1878 the site was used as a home for the deaf, dumb and blind. The conventual buildings and the church burnt down in 1895.
== External links ==
(in German) Klöster in Bayern